New Member In Lincolnshire, England

You can write in english - we will try to answer in english too ;)

New Member In Lincolnshire, England

Postby UlaniKarpaccy » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:26 pm

Hi Everyone. I am a new member living in Woodhall Spa, England. I am a member of Anglo-Polish Society, Grimsby and am honorary member of Stowarzyszenie Ulanow Karpackich. I am also Standard Bearer for Lincoln Kolo Stowarzyszenie Polskich Kombatantow. I am organising the Woodhall Spa 1940s Festival 21/22 July .You may not know, but there is now an excellent 'nowy pomnik' to the Carpathian Lancers at Weelsby Park, Grimsby, where they were based 1946-47. Woodhal Spa was home briefly to PUK 1945-46 and also to 2 and 3 Baon Strz Spad and 64/65/66 Baon , 16 Brygady Piechoty Pomorski . I also make 1/35 scale models and if you visit the 'Galeria' on www.stowarzyszenieuk.pl you will see some in 'Mr Simon's Gallery' 1-111 . If anyone from 'First To Fight' LHG wishes to visit our Festival or make contact please call me on mselmer@supanet.com. Best Wishes - sorry I can't write/speak much Polish! Simon
UlaniKarpaccy

Re: New Member In Lincolnshire, England

Postby Polski44 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:10 pm

Hello Simon,
My late father was based at Woodhall Spa for a time ... he was in the 2nd Battalion 1SBS.

Gary J. (Peterborough)
Polski44

Postby Sokolowski » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:46 pm

Hey, I was just looking through your models and I think they're great! :D :D
I've got a friend who went into larger scales like that, but I just stuck with 1/72.
Sokolowski

Postby Sebol » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:23 pm

Hi Simon, good to have you here ;)

I really love your models :o Great work :!:

http://www.stowarzyszenieuk.pl/galeria/ ... index.html

Enjoy the forum.

Seb ;)
Sebol

Postby Andrzej » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:36 am

Hi Simon

Nice to see you here :)
Thanks for your invitation to your event, but the weekend before we will be on Festival of History at Kelmarsh Hall.

Andrzej Mazur

"W życiu musi być dobrze i niedobrze.
Bo jak jest tylko dobrze,
to jest niedobrze"

ks. Jan Twardowski
Andrzej

Postby UlaniKarpaccy » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:02 pm

Hi Again and Thankyou for all your kind comments and making me welcome! I am in good contact with Piotr Hajda in Lincoln now. Planning for the Woodhall Spa 1940s Festival is going very well ; on Sunday 22nd July there is a Re-Enactors Memorial Parade at the RAF 617 'Dambusters' Squadron RAF which is being arranged by a LHG called 'Allied Forces Movement Control'. If anyone from FTF LHG wants to come, please tell me! You may also be interested to know that I now have 'Gallery IV' on www.stowarzyszenieuk.pl 'Galeria' which shows Sherman Firefly of 1 Pulk Ulanow Krechowiecki and White Scout Car of PUK in Italy 1945. I have some sad news that the last survivor locally of 65 Baon Piech, 16 Pomorski Bryg piech, Jan Jozer Kopyt, died last weekend. he was a great guy but very frail toeards the end. I am attending his funeral on 14th June with the SPK Standard to show respects. On the subject of SPK Standard, I plus a friend whose father was an NCO in 1 SBS Field Ambulance, are trying to retain the Lincoln SPK Standard in Lincolnshire for use after the SPK nationally ends this year and the Standards all go to the 'Bobola' church in West Londom. We think it is important for both British and Polish communities in Lincolnshire to see it at events like Remembrance Sunday, Warsaw Air Bridge Parade, Katyn Memorial parade at Southwell etc. We need your support from letters etc. Many MPs, veterans associations and serving and retired military personnel have already written in support of us. I do not use this forum very often so please feel fre to email me at mselmer@supanet.com Best Wishes Simon
UlaniKarpaccy

Return to English Corner