All Souls Day Parade- Polish Military Cemetery, Newark, UK

You can write in english - we will try to answer in english too ;)

All Souls Day Parade- Polish Military Cemetery, Newark, UK

Postby UlaniKarpaccy » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:19 pm

Dear Everyone, please note that this event will take place on Sun 28th october 2012 at 1500hrs at the Polish Military Cemetery at Newark. I attended there yesterday for the Warsaw Air Bridge Commemoration which was very good including 3 flypasts by the RAF 'Dakota'. Since writing last I have also been to Warsaw and participated in the unveiling of the plaque to Pulk Ulanow Karpackich at the temple of Divine Providence at Wilanow, Warsaw. This too was a fantatstic event and great to meet PUK veterans like Tomek Szkryzynski and Emil mentel who came from Sacramento! I was also presented with 'Pro Memoria' medal for my interest and work in ensuring the Polish military history 'stays alive' in England
There are some good photographs of Wilanow on the Wojsko-Polskie website . Also, I saw in Newark Cemetery the grave of Jozef Jeka, Polish fighter pilot in WW2 and died 1958 flyomg for the CIA over Indonesia!
UlaniKarpaccy

Re: All Souls Day Parade- Polish Military Cemetery, Newark,

Postby Sebol » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:15 pm

Thank You very much Simon for this information ;)

I'll do my best to be there it's not far away from me.
Sebol

Postby UlaniKarpaccy » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:13 pm

Hi Sebastian! Thanks! I hope to go and take alomg the Lincoln SPK Standard - possibly for the last time ever if SPK decide to disband and hang up their Banners. Maybe we go in battledress as Colour Party - what do you think??
UlaniKarpaccy

Postby Maciek » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:16 pm

Hi :)
What about polish paratroopers? Can we be there as the 1st Independent? :)
"We do not beg for freedom - we fight for it."
Maciek

Postby Sebol » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:27 pm

UlaniKarpaccy wrote:Hi Sebastian! Thanks! I hope to go and take alomg the Lincoln SPK Standard - possibly for the last time ever if SPK decide to disband and hang up their Banners. Maybe we go in battledress as Colour Party - what do you think??

Well, sounds good !
Sebol

Postby Andrzej » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:43 pm

Thanks Simon for information :) Is the holy mass before ??

Andrzej Mazur

"W życiu musi być dobrze i niedobrze.
Bo jak jest tylko dobrze,
to jest niedobrze"

ks. Jan Twardowski
Andrzej

Postby UlaniKarpaccy » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:26 pm

Hi Guys! In answer to all your questions - I believe the religious service actually takes place in the open air near to the plaque which marks where Gen Sikorski was previously buried. I also believe there is coffeee, tea and cakes in the Town Hall afterwards. Maciek -I also think it would be a great idea to attend as 1SBS because all the 1SBS paratroops from the Tinwell Air Crash are also buried in the cemetery.Salute all these guys, they are a long way from home. Most graves are Polish Air Force but there are some from 2nd Polish Corps and Polish Resettlement Corps also. Finally is a new gallery on the www.stowarzyszenieuk.pl website 'Mr Simon's Gallery V' with some pictures of my latest model ; Carpathian Lancers staghound and 4 PP 'Skorpion' Sherman in Bologna ; hope you enjoy them :)
UlaniKarpaccy

Return to English Corner